Nutritional Therapist and hormone expert Lorna Driver-Davies discusses perimenopause. She explains what is happening in a woman’s body when she approaches menopause, the symptoms that might occur and when to expect these changes. Lorna also offers her advice on how to manage perimenopause naturally through diet, nutrition and lifestyle.
What you’ll learn:
- The difference between perimenopause and menopause.
- How a woman’s body changes when she goes into perimenopause and the hormones that are involved.
- The symptoms that occur in perimenopause and why symptoms vary for each woman.
- The blood tests and functional medicine tests Lorna recommends if you think you’re approaching or in the midst of perimenopause.
- Dietary and lifestyle recommendations to alleviate perimenopause symptoms and support the body through menopause.
- Why weight bearing exercises are important for women in perimenopause.
- The key nutrients, herbs and supplements that Lorna recommends for perimenopause.
Listen to the podcast
Lorna has worked for a decade as a registered Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist, integrating both functional medicine practice with her knowledge of botanicals as a herbal medicine dispenser. Her clinical focus and expertise are in women’s hormone and gynaecological nutrition, at all life stages, with particular expertise in Endometriosis, PCOS and Perimenopause.
Lorna regularly lectures and speaks on female health and her work on hormone balance and thyroid health has been featured in an evidence-based clinical text book. Lorna is also the Head of Nutrition at Wild Nutrition, a supplement company dedicated to providing ethical and natural non-synthetic supplements with a special focus on women’s health.
Lorna is passionate about Perimenopause as a life-stage as it’s very misunderstood and confused with menopause. When understood, perimenopause can be supported effectively through nutrition and naturopathy.
Wild Nutrition – ethically-sourced, sustainable nutritional supplements
Share with your friends
If you enjoyed the show, please feel free to share it with friends.
You can support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher.