Clinical Psychoneuroimmunologist Meleni Aldridge discusses brain inflammation and inflammaging. She explains what brain inflammation is, the signs to look out for and the long-term health complications if it’s not addressed early on. Meleni also advises on how to reduce brain inflammation naturally and the impact that gut health has on the brain.
What you’ll learn:
- An overview of the brain anatomy and how the brain functions.
- What inflammation is and the difference between acute and chronic inflammation.
- The causes of brain inflammation and the signs and symptoms to look out for.
- Dietary and lifestyle factors that can trigger brain inflammation.
- What inflammaging is and the long-term health complications and neurodegenerative conditions associated with brain inflammation.
- What oxidative stress is and how it impacts brain health and causes degeneration.
- Ways to prevent oxidative stress and the naturopathic approach (through diet, nutrition and lifestyle) to reduce brain inflammation and reverse any damage caused.
- How the gut affects brain health and how to improve gut health naturally.
Listen to the podcast
Meleni has been immersed in the field of natural and integrative medicine for over 28 years. She is a practicing clinical psychoneuroimmunologist, functional medicine practitioner and a certified metabolic balance coach. She joined the Alliance for Natural Health International in 2005 as the executive coordinator, where she works closely with the executive and scientific director to positively shape the scientific and regulatory environment required to facilitate the future development of natural and sustainable healthcare.
During the last thirteen years, Meleni has been instrumental in furthering the ANH’s communications with the global integrative medicine community, and has been actively involved in consultations with the European Commission, the European Food Safety Authority, the UK Food Standards Agency, as well the World Health Organization of the United Nations. Meleni regularly contributes to articles, columns and press releases in the field of sustainable healthcare and regulatory challenges
Share with your friends
If you enjoyed the show, please feel free to share it with friends.
You can support the show by leaving a rating and review on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher.